Recommended for all APQS machines
R - Normal round point
- Slightly sharp point
- Suitable for woven fabrics, coated materials, soft clothing leather and artificial leather
- Standard needle for APQS machines
FFG - Small ball point
Round point with small ball
- Suitable for fine and medium weight knitted and woven fabrics
- When penetrating the material, the small ball point displaces the loops so that the material is less likely to be damaged.
- Can reduce the occurrence of white separation marks on digital prints. May not completely avoid the situation.
Choosing the right needle for your project is key to successful quilting. These multi-directional steel needles have been hand-selected by APQS engineers to ensure top performance and superior stitches. These needles are not titanium coated. Try MR 3.5 needles with fine, thin threads.
APQS machines are timed to an MR 4.0 needle for optimum performance and stitch quality. This needle is versatile for a wide range of thread types and is the standard needle that ships with all APQS machines. These needles are not titanium coated.